Shawn makes the best soups, and this butternut squash with an array of different veggies was definitely right up there with my favorites he’s made. This makes a lot, is very adaptable, and *very* filling. We had this with some garlic flatbread crackers for dipping, but honestly this is so filling that a side isn’t needed. Great for lunches!
- 1 package pre-cut butternut squash (or a whole squash chopped)
- 2 peppers (we did one red and one green)
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Handful baby carrots, or 2 whole carrots, chopped
- Tablespoon salt (Shawn used a smoked salt from World Market)
- 1/4 cup butter or Smart Balance (we used butter, but we thought Smart Balance would work)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups chicken broth (or veg stock to make it vegetarian)
- 1/4 cup dried minced ginger, or 1-2″ fresh ginger, minced
Steam all vegetables until soft. Put vegetables and all other ingredients in pot on medium heat, use immersion blender to puree everything until smooth. Leave on heat until heated through and ready to serve – longer is better.