My friend Missy made this for Memorial Day this year, and it was out of this world! I was excited for the chance to make it myself – I can’t get enough of it . We had the puppy naming party for the Hunt this weekend, and it seemed like a great excuse! You can use any kind of cheese that you like, but in this case, I used a block of extra sharp cheddar and a block of pepperjack. It had some kick! I am also looking forward to trying smoked gouda at some point. No matter what cheese, this is one of my favorites! This was originally a Pioneer Woman recipe.
- 4 ounces, weight Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard (more To Taste)
- 1 Tablespoon Adobo Sauce From Canned Chipotles (more To Taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 8 ounces, weight Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Grated
- 8 ounces, weight Monterey Jack Or Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
- 4 ounces, weight Sliced Pimentos, Drained
- 2 teaspoons Chopped Fresh Dill
Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Dijon, adobo, and black pepper in the bowl of an electric mixer.
Add the cheddar and Monterey jack and mix gently until combined. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the bowl and make sure all the ingredients are mixed together. Stir in the pimentos and dill. Taste and mix in more of whatever you think it needs. Add more cheese if you like the pimento cheese to be less creamy; add less if you like it to be more creamy.
Refrigerate pimento cheese for at least 2 hours before serving.
Serve with crackers, small hollowed-out peppers, carrot and celery sticks, and olives.