Another new cookie in this year’s holiday cookie extravaganza, this one was cute and went over well. A twist on peanut butter blossoms.
- 1 Cup (2 Sticks) Butter, Softened
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Maraschino Cherry Liquid
- Red Food Coloring
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2¼ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 10 Oz. Jar Maraschino Cherries
- 3 Tablespoons White Sugar
- 36 Hershey’s Kisses, Unwrapped
Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
Drain cherries of their liquid, but be sure to reserve ~2 Teaspoons of their juice. Cream butter using a mixer or wooden spoon. Gradually stir in powdered sugar a little at a time.
Stir in cherry juice, red food coloring, and vanilla. Gradually stir in flour a little at a time. Mix until just combined. Fold in cherries.
Shape dough into ~1 inch balls (the dough will be pretty wet). Roll in white sugar. Gently flatten using a glass.
Bake 12-15 minutes ,or until the sides are just beginning to brown. Remove from oven and immediately press a kiss into the middle of each cookie.