This was quite good and open to many interpretations! My friend Stephanie suggested this after I asked for recipe ideas. I have recently been put on a low FODMAP diet, which is a rude awakening for sure (but hard to argue as it is making a difference). It’s easy to become discouraged, but simple ideas like this work well! I’m planning to share some recipes (or just ways to prepare food) that work for us and keep me from eating nothing but eggs and cucumbers! 🙂
I’m sure you could also use chicken or pork in this sheet pan meal – I plan to try!
- Package of chicken sausage (I had to hunt a bit to find some without soy), sliced
- Veggies of your choice – I used zucchini, a red pepper, and some carrots
- Seasoning – I used Penzey’s Ruth Anne, which we love!
- If not using a seasoning mix, salt, pepper, garlic cloves and some herbs would work well
- Olive oil (I am currently using a brand called FODY, which has garlic infused and helps with flavor)
Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with foil. Rough chop veggies to about the same size as sausage slices. Lightly toss with olive oil and seasonings, and roast for 15-20 min (longer side of that for things like butternut squash, sweet potatoes, etc).
This would also be great tossed with some quinoa or wild rice for lunches.