A colorful and fun side salad, this is one I’ve served mostly with Latin or Mexican themed meals. It has a lot of flavor and dresses up chicken and pork especially well, I have found. This would be a good one at a picnic or BBQ. If you can do fresh corn with this, great – about 3 -4 ears. If not, a bag of thawed out frozen corn would be fine too.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 half cucumber, chopped
- 10-15 cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss. Cover and chill at least 2-3 hours, but a whole day would be best. Serve cold.