Quick weeknight meal that uses up some veggies in the fridge. The combination of the spinach with the yellow pepper and kalamata olives was awesome. We used our tried and true Mark Bittman Whole Wheat Pizza Dough, though we did actually use all white whole wheat flour (I was out of all-purpose) with good results.
- One ball of whole wheat pizza dough, homemade or store bought
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- kosher salt
- Half a medium ball of fresh mozzarella, sliced
- shaved or shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- about 2 cups of rough chopped/torn spinach
- half a yellow bell pepper, sliced thin (can use whatever color pepper you wish)
- handful kalamata olives, halved
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, garlic, peppers, and salt and lightly brush over the crust with a pastry brush. Place sliced mozzarella around crust and add the rest of toppings, sprinkling Parmesan over the top. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.