We love anything scallops, and this was a great quick weeknight meal. The sauce created from the bean/spinach mixture was great, though next time I might thicken it up a bit. We served this with tomato bread for a nice dinner. This one came from Cooking Light.
- 4 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle scallops evenly with salt. Add scallops to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove scallops from pan; keep warm.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and onion to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add pepper and garlic; cook 20 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in wine; cook 1 minute or until most of liquid evaporates. Stir in broth and beans; cook 2 minutes. Add spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat; stir in basil.