We really like this side salad with Latin type dishes, but really it would be great with anything. We had it with Chicken Salsa Verde. The addition of cojita cheese is what really makes it great, but if you want to lighten it even more you could definitely lose it and it would still be a good salad. It is substantial enough that you could have a larger portion for a full meal.
- 1 cans black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup corn – fresh is better, but frozen will do.
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- handful sliced green onions
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbles Cojita cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbls. chili powder
- pinch cumin
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
Toss it all together! 🙂