This is another stir fry-type recipe from CL – we really only used the sauce and went with our own veggies and shirataki noodles. That said, it was great and may be one of my favorite new stir-fry options. Any veggies you have on hand would be great with this, so it’s a good clean-out-the fridge option.
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- Assorted veggies – whatever you have works well. We used sugar snap peas and peppers.
- 2 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Rice noodles (or whatever noodle you prefer – we used shirataki)
Combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, five-spice powder, and steak in a large bowl. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add minced green onions and garlic; saute 30 seconds. Add beef mixture; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in veggies, green onion pieces, and chopped basil; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over noodles.