With a few days off this week, I’m trying to stock up on some freezable, quick breakfast items. I am not a huge fan of breakfast, and it needs to be small and light if it’s going to happen. Shawn is on his bike so early that something portable is a huge plus. I saw these little guys on some Buzzfeed post and tried to mock them up – they were pretty good! But I should have greased the muffin tin a bit better – huge, stuck mess. I would make more of these for sure, though. Quick and very filling for breakfast.
- veggies – anything you need to clean out of your fridge is great! Here are some suggestions;
- frozen peas (don’t bother thawing)
- green beans
- frozen corn (wouldn’t mess with thawing)
- brussels sprouts
- leafy greens – kale, spinach, etc.
- Anything would work, but if you want to freeze I’d stay away from tomatoes, etc. For mine, I used peas, corn, tomatoes, brussels and carrots.
- 8-10 eggs
- Cheese – feta, parm, or cheddar would be nice. I did half feta and half parm.
Spray muffin tin REALLY well with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 375.
Toss veggies together in a bowl and add to (regular size) muffin tin – fill each about 1/2 way with veggies.
Whisk eggs with salt, pepper, and whatever seasonings you like (I used a Penzey’s seasoning blend). Pour over the top of veggies and fill about 3/4 full. Top with cheese and bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.