This has possibly become one of my new favorite things. Inspired by a cute picture of chicken salad stuffed mini peppers, I went looking for a good recipe for our Kentucky Derby party a few weeks ago. I’ve never actually made it, or gravitated towards it. But this was outstanding, and we’ve now had it both in the mini peppers and as lettuce wraps for lunch. Easy to keep on the light side, we’ll make this again and again. This is from Cooking Light.
- 1 lb chicken breast, shredded – I poached it, you could also use a rotisserie chicken, or roast it
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped smoked almonds
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (we definitely used more)
- salt and pepper
Combine all ingredients and mix well – add salt and pepper to taste. Add more rosemary, mustard, etc. as needed.
As a side note, I have used all light mayo both times we have made this, and liked it a lot that way.