My favorite thing to bring to parties is always the appetizer (probably because it’s my favorite thing to eat ;)). This was a dip I hadn’t tried before that I made for our annual potluck. It was really good, the only thing I’d say is that you would need to use thick chips to scoop up this dip! Recipe from The Kitchn.
- 8 ounces (1 cup) sour cream (light is fine)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 ounces (about 2 cups) grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup snipped chives, plus additional for garnish
- 1 tablespoon powdered ranch seasoning mix
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Combine the sour cream, cream cheese, and cheddar and stir until thoroughly mixed. Fold in the bacon, chives, ranch dressing, and Worcestershire sauce. Chill for a minimum of two hours or overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving. Serve with homemade chips or the thickest-cut store-bought potato chips you can find.