A great side for just about anything, but we especially liked it with grilled meats. This went very well with brined pork chops, and I think it would also make an excellent side for lamb as well. It’s also great on its own for lunch.
- 2 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/4 cups pearl (Israeli) couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and finely chopped
- juice and zest from one lemon
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
Bring broth to a boil in heavy saucepan and stir in couscous, then simmer, uncovered, 6 minutes. Cover pan and remove from heat. Let stand 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and stir in remaining ingredients.