This was a really tasty side salad using summer veggies – goes really well with a grilled entree! I got this from Chow and made as is other than halving it for two people. 🙂 At its original size, it would be a nice picnic/BBQ side dish. Recipe below is for that portion size.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot (from about 1 medium shallot)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest (from about 2 medium lemons)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 3 medium lemons)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 pints (1 pound) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves and stems
Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil and prepare an ice water bath by filling a bowl halfway with ice and water; set aside. Meanwhile, make the dressing
Place the shallot, lemon zest, and measured salt and pepper in a medium, nonreactive bowl and add the lemon juice. While whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in the oil and whisk until evenly combined. Set the dressing aside.
Add the green beans to the boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and transfer to the prepared ice water bath. When the beans are chilled, drain again and thoroughly pat dry with paper towels.
Place the beans, tomatoes, and parsley in a large bowl, pour in the dressing, and toss to coat thoroughly. Taste and add more salt and pepper as needed.