This is pretty much awesome, and I made it twice in one week, once for us and once for my Mom while she was visiting and our friends who came over to visit. The original recipe has a lemon vinagrette that you can drizzle over the kabobs, but I skipped that given the dipping sauce was SO good. Made the meal, I think. We had this with green bean and tomato salad, and a quinoa/veggie salad. Great summer meal!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken, cut into bite size cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled + roughly chopped
- 2 dried chile de arbol, seeds removed (or 1/2 -1 teaspoon cayenne pepper) – I used cayenne
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke quarters
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into fourths
- 2 small to medium lemons, grated + juiced
Minted Goat Cheese Yogurt
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (I use 0%)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
Place the chicken in a gallon size ziplock bag or medium size bowl.
To the bowl of a food processor add the garlic, ginger, dried chile de arbol (or cayenne), cilantro, parsley, smoked paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Process 1-2 minutes or until everything is finely chopped. Stream in 1/2 cup olive oil. Pour the marinade over the chicken and toss well. Place in the fridge for at least a few hours, but preferably overnight.
To make the minted goat cheese yogurt mix together the greek yogurt, chopped mint, crushed red pepper flakes, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir in the crumbled goat cheese. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
Preheat the grill or a grill pan to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grates. Thread the chicken, asparagus and artichokes onto metal skewers (or wood skewers that have been soaked in water). I alternated with asparagus+ artichokes and then chicken, repeat. Place the chicken on the grill until the chicken is golden and no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes each side. You may also cook the chicken in a skillet if needed. Serve the chicken with the the lemon herb vinaigrette and the minted goat cheese yogurt.