Of the three mini sandwiches we made for our awesome group wine outing, this was by far my favorite. But olives and goat cheese are fantastic, so there you go. Definite make again.
- 1 (4.25-ounce) can chopped ripe black olives (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese, softened
- 2-3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (we used just a squirt of Sriracha0
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Stir together first 5 ingredients in a small bowl until well blended. (The goat cheese mixture can be prepared up to 1 day ahead.)
Slice the bread thinly. Spread olive mixture evenly on 1 side of half of bread rounds, top with remaining bread rounds. Roll sides in chopped parsley. You can serve immediately, or cover and chill for a bit as well.