Always on the lookout for new crockpot recipes to try, and this one was very good. Easy and a good riff on the takeout classic. I might add a hair more garlic and some Sriracha next time, but just being picky. You could serve this over rice or noodles, but we actually just had it on its own and enjoyed it that way.
- 1 flank steak, thinly sliced (mine was just shy of 2lb)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3-5 cloves garlic, crushed
- red pepper flakes or Sriracha sauce to taste
- broccoli crowns (I used 2, but more would have been better)
- 2 tablespoons corn starch + 4 tablespoons cold water
Add steak, beef broth, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and chili flakes to slow cooker. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6-7 hours.
About 20 minutes from serving, whisk corn starch and water together until dissolved, and stir into slow cooker. Cook another 15-20 minutes to thicken.
Steam or boil broccoli until just done, then add to slow cooker, stir, and serve over rice, noodles, or on its own.