So this is pretty much awesome. It’s a Cooking Light recipe that was my first time cooking fish years and years ago, and I’m just now getting around to posting it and remembering how great it was. Great weeknight meal, fast, tasty, and any veggies go well with it. We had this with roasted green beans and mashed cauliflower. This would be great with any firm white fish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (I used cooking spray)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 4 (6-ounce) cod fillets
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute or until lightly browned. Add water and next 4 ingredients (water through tomatoes); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes. Add fish; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Top with olives.